URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Swapping... Peace Birdy

11.05.2005

Swapping... Peace Birdy


I have a few swaps on the horizon and I'm thrilled! I just drool over all the "mail" shown on other blogs. I love surprises and anxiously waited for Mr. Postman each day until my backtack parcels have arrived. Plus - other artsy folks amaze me with their creativity and skill.

So, to me...swapping sounds truly fun. I'm working on a few Christmas ornaments for people whom I don't.. believe.. visit this here blog, and this is one I finished this weekend. (& NO, Paula... I won't post pics of yours until it reaches you. But, as we're seeing with backtack stuff -- I won't be posting pictures until NEXT Christmas. har, de, har..har...har!
Sidenote: My backtack parcel to Paula, shipped well over two weeks ago, and has not yet arrived to Brazil. & I didn't pay for tracking... Groan.

Anyway, this is a double sided Birdy, 7.5" x 4.5." The pictures don't show the fun copper machine stitches - but they're there! It's all fabric (with mat board insides), floss, ribbon, button, and wire embellishments. And, it's reversible - with different fabric selections on the reverse side.

It's hard to give him flight.. He'd look damn good on my tree!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute! What a great idea. I just picked up some felt yesterday to make some decorations with the boys... I think a little bird like this will be on the agenda.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh gosh, I don't want to see it. With Caelen's (hope I spelled it right) sewing skills...he's sure to make my birdy look bad. :) That house he sewed still blows me away!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That's SO adorable!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home