URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Swimsuit cover up - slash - dress..

5.11.2006

Swimsuit cover up - slash - dress..

I am hurriedly posting pictures because being the neurotic crafter that I am - a project does not feel complete until it's posted on the blog. I need meds.

I had this spontaneous thought to make Kenzie a swimsuit cover up as our neighborhood pool is opening soon. So, without a pattern, I created this reversible concoction during her nap today. I have a pink aversion, but was astonished when half way through the stupid thing I thought "What's up with the (HOT) pink???"

The front:

The back:


A close up of one side. The reverse is the same color, but a different pattern. I thought my idea was brilliant, as Kenzie can make a mess of an outfit in 2.4 seconds. Turn this baby inside out and Voila!! She's fresh!



My model was not cooperating and it's too windy outside to photograph out there - so here's the shots:
The uncooperative model (with bed-head!):



I think we'll be using this with the swim gear as originally intended. It will also look darling with some pigtails, and layered over a pair of pants and T-shirt. I love little girls in layers. I think I'll make more, but next time - I'll tone down the color a bit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the colour is lovely, and I like layers too! All it needs is a matching cap :-)

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, it turned out great!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I also think the colour is lovely - no accounting for taste, eh? - and that the pattern you created is very cute indeed. I'm blown away by clever women like yourself who can do that.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home