URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: And with a dramatic bow....

6.23.2006

And with a dramatic bow....


...my career in log-cabin(ish) pillows was over. I made another in brown tones to match a bedroom. I've learned a few things.

a). Just because I'm using wacky mismatched materials...it will not equate to a Bird In the Hand's type pillow. I might try it again in the event that I have a collection of fabulous materials that she has on hand. My material stash is just too boring. I need more color, more prints, and some great number fabric that I keep seeing everywhere but in my fabric selection.

b). I'm not country. These, as finished projects, just feel "country."


Game over. I must stop wasting my time making pillows that will only inhabit my linen closet. I've got a table and chairs to refinish now... an accidental find at a garage sale. Yes, I already have a table and chair set, but my mother-in-law convinced me that the table was too good to pass up. And, she keeps delivering more chairs to go with it. I'm gonna go with a whimsical Sundance Catalog approach to sprucing it up (different chairs in different colors, settled around a wood stained table). We'll see how that goes...and how many times I change my mind amidst the process.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your log cabin pillows are lovely. I haven't tried the pillows, but I did make some pot holders and pieced some tote fronts, but it isn't really me either. I know that if I made a pillow it would definitly be in my linen closet.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't under rate your self-- this is well done and more modern then country. If you don't like it think of a good home for it and give it for xmas!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

OOOOh I love it soooooooooooo much !! These colours are perfect ! I love it ! I love it ! I love it ! If you don't like it I'd like to have it LOL LOL ! Smooches

12:07 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Sandrine - you may have it if you get me your address info. I just left you a comment on your blog too. :)

(email: dinkelsATkcDOTrrDOTcom)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home