URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Big girl bed

8.17.2006

Big girl bed


Okay, here's a photo of my work. I may have mentioned that the room is orange? This is what happens when you involve a two year old in swatch selection. MY original thought was a nice shade of light blue.... But, it does feel good, and Kenzie loves it. This all started with the quilt placed at the bottom of the bed - as I've already shared what I did to that. And, I found the bed at a garage sale (can you say 50 bucks???). There's a footboard too, but it's not visible in this shot. We bought another quilt for everyday use (tan with random colored stitching curling through it), and I've just tossed on some pillows that are left over from Kenzie's crib collection (which my mom made all the bedding and coordinates for). It's all pretty cute together. Kenzie chose the room color from about 10 different swatches (a zillion blue shades, one orange, and one green).

Now, I didn't photograph the rest of the room as the toddler was busy dismantling it. I also have not concluded the painting in there as I plan to draw some whimsical flowers throughout the room - reminiscent of the bugs that she had in her room in San Diego. WHEN? I might do that, is still a question to be solved. The room is definitely a nice sherbert-y shade of orange. Yummy.

So, this is Kenzie's big girl bed and she's thrilled.
She has, however, not slept in it yet. Hmmmnnnn. Each night she bounds on top of this bed saying she wants to sleep there - yet she panics at the last minute and we go nighty-night in the crib instead. I don't mind. She can sleep in that cage until she's 17 for all I care. At least she hasn't figured out how to let herself out of it in the middle of the night.

Yet, we are NOW prepared for when - my girl is ready to be a big girl. (sob).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

It looks great - you did a fabulous job! I love the orange, which is truly original.
She'll be ready for her big girl bed eventually. Lily was in hers by 18 months. Alex wanted nothing to do with the big boy bed until I came home from the hospital with Ava. From that very moment he never slept in the crib again. Enjoy her time in the crib - once they're out of all sorts of interesting things happen during the night, LOL!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bed & bedding are great. Orange happens to be one of my favorite colors! We bought toddler beds a few months back and they are still unassembled. The cribs are more comforting to me and them at this point (they just tured 2). Seeing as we are moving from FL to TX very shortly I guess switching beds in now the least of my concerns! UGH!!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home