URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Wrist Cuff #3

9.27.2006

Wrist Cuff #3


I've been thinking about my Etsy shop and some other things that I enjoy making to include there. I decided that maybe a few wrist cuffs might be a fun addition...so, I started making one with a new idea for button closures - rather than a snap. Ditch that idea...the snaps are a better solution (and easier, I might argue).

Since I hadn't created one for myself - this one is at home on my wrist as I type. I like it!! I can't wait to wear it and see how it weathers time. See if the gals comment on it - or if those cheerleaders "boo" this idea. The colors are a bit wonky in the photo. The maroons are more bold, rather than pink-ish.

I did another raw edge applique. I'm not sure why I like raw edges better than formal appliqued ones, but I do like the idea of the piece evolving with time, fraying a bit and becoming a bit more cultured in the process. I do, however, think it's time that I explore some of my fancy machine stitches instead of the raw edges. We'll see what happens.

I'm ready to proceed with a few more, with future ambitions for the Etsy shop.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Nice! I like raw edge applique too. I don't know what it is about it, but I really like that look.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's lovely, and me too with the frayed edges.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to buy one of YOUR cuffs since I had intended on trying to make one, but never did. I will check back at your store soon.
Sam

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home