URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: A Ballerina

10.30.2006

A Ballerina



This doll was born through a pattern-making stage for a fully poseable ballerina that I have in mind. It's long and lanky, and dressed in modern ballerina clothing. I'm planning to make these stuffies with wired arms and legs so that they can be formed into dainty ballerina poses. I know I said I was done with dolls..but I guess I lied.

I wanted to quickly finish the doll so that I can move on to the next poseable one, and am a bit disappointed in the face...yet I still find her really adorable. I'm gonna toss her into my Etsy shop, as my wee one can. only. have. SO. MANY. dolls. :)

She stands 30 inches tall, and her face measures 6 inches wide. She has button eyes and is therefore not appropriate for a really oral child, yet - she is intended to be more of an "art doll" who doesn't get a whole bunch of active play.

Here she is lounging after a serious dancing session:


The piggie-tails seem to becoming my trademark. Here she is from the back:


***this gal's been sold over at Etsy. Yeah!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

She's cute! Good luck with her ;-)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love her pointed toes!!!
Also love the swing painting, looking great.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home