URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: {Imaginary} Crafting with Kenzie

11.22.2006

{Imaginary} Crafting with Kenzie



Today's imaginative play took a twist it never has before. Kenzie got all dressed up (choosing her shoes VERY carefully):



At this point, I was taking pictures because she was so cute. But, I had no idea where this was heading. She grabs a purse, which - I did not know - contained a blob of doll stuffing.



She then says: "Mama, I'm making a doll!"

Now, I make a lot of things, but that generally happens when she's asleep so she never witnesses the process. However, I will sometimes stuff doll bits (and I've made a good several dolls lately) after she wakes up. I'll narrate the process, making it as interesting as it can be for a 2.5 year old. Apparently, she WAS paying attention:

"Take the doll and stuff her."


"Skwooooosh it...and Moooosh it..and Smaaaaash it....and put the stuff in."



"Mama, I need some glue and that thing that can hurt you." (a needle). I remind her that those are not things that she can play with.



"DONE."



Ah, of course, this warms my crafty-mama heart and soul....!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Great little narrative about Kenzie, and she looks like you!!
It's such a joy when you have that fleeting hope that they just might be interested in something that we do...

10:35 PM  
Blogger beki said...

How cute is that? Isn't it amazing what they pick up on?

8:33 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home