URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Moo

11.22.2006

Moo



I've joined the bandwagon and ordered these Moo Mini cards. For the price, it's a great value. I'm going to attach them by cord to my handmade goods for sale. Love these cards. I'm going to concentrate on better photos of my product for the future batches of them. I had a hard time fitting my stuffs into the printable frame..and many things that I would have preferred to include (clothes, etc.) didn't fit in the frames in way that didn't ruin their effect.

I've also been playing around with my camera. I take A LOT of pictures of my daughter. I have also recently been asked to photograph my nephew as he passes through milestones. I'm going to take his Christmas photos this year - and would love to do a great one of Kenzie this year too. Has everyone noticed Soule Mama's great photos lately -- with blurring around the edges. I love that. I spent some time researching it and learned it's all about Depth of Field (DOF). I'm playing with my Portraiture setting, and hoping to catch some of the Christmas shots with this technique. I can set my camera manually or use the automatic settings. I'm too timid to use the manual settings on important photos. Practice, practice, practice. It's really a lot of pressure catching these special shots for other people. I'd hate to memorialize the little guy's first Christmas with a terrible picture. Fortunately, he's a cutie and easy on the photographer.



This shot, however, was one I took yesterday and I actually like of myself. WHY? I'm not so sure...but you might recognize the shirt in the shot as the recent reconstruction posting. Very little of me is caught in the shot...Perhaps that's why I like it. It's a mystery...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Those cards are so cute! Do tell me more about them, I've never heard of them.

I am a camera idiot. I've been meaning to read my manual, but I can't find it. One day I'd like to take better pictures.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late on the comment. (I just discovered your blog, and I see you're local!) But I think those pics on Soulemama were taken using a Lensbaby (an attachment lens for your camera).

http://www.lensbabies.com/

I've heard there is also a way to get Photoshop to make your pics look like that, but I haven't tried it yet.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home