URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Under RE-construction

11.21.2006

Under RE-construction

I have always enjoyed those self-portrait bloggers out there who take amazing shots of themselves. I've even tried it a few times and failed. I, historically, hate myself in pictures. The camera does add 10 lbs. after all. :) I'd love to participate in the Self Portrait challenges, but not until I figure out how to take a decent photo of myself.

To humor myself, I'll add my most recent attempts to document a shirt that has been ..reborn. The shirt is difficult to photograph, both on and off the body apparently. It's pretty funky now, and will look great dressed up and down.

Somehow, I always manage to look like a deer in the headlights, miss myself entirely, not notice that a mirror is REALLY, very dirty, or have a pimple showcased in the shot. I look really mad, really bored...or just really dumb. I look really old, or really young. In some of these, I look really shiny. "I" just never seem to truly make an appearance in the pictures. I mean - WHO is this girl??



Heck, in this one - I even look busty. I am NOT busty. Darn it.


Anyway, I got an edgy new haircut this past weekend, which always puts me in the mood for new funky clothes. I lost a gift certificate that I got for my birthday - so rather than buying something new - I ventured into my closet and into those items that I don't wear. Originally, this shirt had three buttons across the chest and hung open through the mid-section. I closed up the mid-section and 86'd the original buttons, adding this assortment of funky vintage ones. Although, I layered it on top of what I was wearing (and accidentally matching!) - I'll layer it differently when I really wear it. I like the changes...and I'm thrilled that it's no longer in the section of undesirables. Well, actually, they are "desirable" clothes. Just a bit snug on that crazy woman in the photos above. Oh, and the hair. I didn't even style it today, but I am happy with the cut. Not bad for air-dried hair, eh?



When taking these photos, I also noticed the tag. I like the irony. The brand name is even more relevant than it was previously!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

I like your funky shirt and your new hair. I wish I could pull stuff like that off. I feel like one of those old frump moms trying to be cool when I attempt anything like that. But you, you totally make it work!
I'm with you on self portraits. It's something I'd like to do, but I'm never happy with them. Maybe I'll give it a shot in the new year.

9:05 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Super cute hair! And I think your photos are great. I should use more creativity in dolling up the clothes I already own...

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellooo! I love your hair and you look great in your photos - great bones! I need one of those bust enhancing shirts :-) My absence can mostly be explained by Finlay (5) being addicted to the SIMS and my computer being the only one powerful enough (that he's allowed to use) to run it... and I'm going through my annual "oh god, it's summer and I have NOTHING TO WEAR, panic and spending countless hours on ebay trawling through ladies fashion - which is as depressing as it is a waste of time... but that's another story :-)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look cute! I love that "I am not amused!" expression on your face. I recognize it, since I have stood in front of the mirror trying to get a decent picture, too. Very cute shirt, and I love the hair do!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home