URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Calling all photographers!

1.19.2007

Calling all photographers!

I've got this zany idea for an art in my dining room. I've got a big empty wall and I'd like to fill it with framed photo montages of single pictures. Each single picture will be a WORD and it will be combined with other words to make cute sayings -- Perhaps you've heard of Darwin Bell and his sign language series (he can be found on flickr). This isn't a terribly original idea, so don't give me credit! But, it would be very costly to fill a wall with ready-made art, and there's something fullfilling in collecting it myself (even though I'm asking - or begging, rather - for help).

I'd like to start off with the following sayings:
Home is where the Art is
You are what you eat
Nothing happens until I make it happen
Everyday is a new creation
(...oh, and there many others...)

I'd also like to spell our last name out in single letters. Flickr has a vast collection of letters - but after searching for a good long while, I just can't find the words I need (that print out in nice decent sizes).

So - If you're also a person who loves to tote your camera about - and wouldn't mind aiming to capture words for me, than please do. They can be from signs, graffiti, clothing, etc. They just need to be a good clear shot, that looks like it belongs on art. If I collect what I'm looking for, and you've assisted me - I'd be more than happy to supply the whole saying to you for your own artwork creation! Or, better yet - I could start a flickr group of images we can all print out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

What a great idea! I've never seen anything like that.

4:36 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

i will be keeping this in mind. I photograph things a lot, so I'll keep my eyes open for you!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home