URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: My twins: pillows

1.29.2007

My twins: pillows



As I mentioned in my other post, I have a lot of ideas that continue to overwhelm me in my little crafty studio. The other day, trying to decide what to tackle - I just started making these. And, they. were. not. on. the. list.

I originally visioned them for Kenzie's room, tossed on the bed, but I'm not clear if that's where they will end up (especially as she's napping right now, and I can't go toss them about her bed to see if they look good). I think they'll be cute in there. Or, maybe somewhere else. We'll see.



They turned our really cool and pretty darned modern, for someone who doesn't have a terribly modern home. I see so many visions of modernism on other blogs though & I guess it's catching. They are also very difficult to photograph for some reason. I tried to catch a good shot, but didn't manage it in the crazy amount of pictures (of pillows, for cripes sakes!!) that I took.



They still need to be hand-stitched closed. But, my poor right hand is feeling crippled. When I was pregnant with Kenzie, during the very late stages of pregnancy - I suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome. It woke me up and kept me up at night. Once I shed the baby, it mostly went away. However, every so often it seems to come back although - it might not be that at all. It could just be a weird injury, that pops back up with various insults. It's an odd stabbing pain with any sudden moments of my wrist region. Let me tell you - stuffing these pillows was pAiNfUlL. I doubt I should further aggravate the situation with hand-stitching - so these may remain pinned closed until the pain subsides. It usually takes a few days, and then it's back to normal. The timing just figures...just as I get my crafty inclinations back!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

Ooh, I love them! Those flowers are so fun and I really love the fabric.. it looks soft.

9:09 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Those are pretty darned cool!

10:38 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

wow. So pretty! Nicely done.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home