URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: The Bogeyman, snakes & a skirt

2.16.2007

The Bogeyman, snakes & a skirt



Brrr. It's cold. The past few days have been extremely chilly - although thank goodness we didn't quite reach the rumored -2 degrees, as far as I'm aware. With the chilly winds, I've found myself catching a bit of a breeze INSIDE. So.... Kenzie's naptimes have found me making "snakes" for all the windows. I'm thrilled they seem to be working! Although, I used up quite a bit of nice courdoroy to make them. It was either use the stash, or leave the house for the store. I don't leave the house unless I have to.



Having filled all the drafty windows with snakes, I moved on to tackling my bogeyman. A zipper!!! has been successfully inserted into my skirt, and the skirt is complete. Well kind of. I originally saw a skirt in a catalog, and being one that pirates ideas rather than buying from the store - I started my own version. This was supposed to have some free form stitching action, and some flowery embellishing action in the front brown panel.



After making the skirt much too large for myself, I had to take some inches off here and there... And, with that I realized that the shiny-ish brown fabric isn't too receptive to that kind of thing. So, I called it good. It's best not to create a puckery eye sore! I like funky clothing, and I love skirts. This one has two layers, a gauzy underlayer, and an A-line overlayer. It's different, and will look great with the shirt I'm envisioning for it. (the photo includes the T-shirt I was wearing today, however...unintentionally kind of matching)



I've tackled my bogeyman head on and won't be afraid of zippers anymore. Now.. if only I can invent a "snake" that might keep my bits and pieces warm when I wear this skirt out in the frigid weather.... AND, learn how to take flattering pictures of myself in skirts. Those two things would make me a happy camper.

Thanks again Kelli for the zips!!!

***I must have pissed off the snow lords. When I started this post it was nice outside. I turn around a few minutes later - and it's maniacally snowing outside. (Ah, curse words!!!!).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger amy h said...

I hadn't looked out the window until I read this. SNOW?! No! No more. I won't have it.

The skirt looks great! I love layered skirts.

Do you really notice a difference with the snakes? We have old windows, and probably anything would help.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

Great skirt. I especially like the floral material and am thinking it would be a cool comforter cover. I want something floral with orange and not ultra feminine. It totally fits the bill! I am hoping to have my MIL help sew one once we get settled. Congratulations on the zipper! Thanks for the I. Heap recommendation. I ended up adding a couple of her tunes to my playlist.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Stacy, read this post and your hesitation to not embroider the skirt. I agree, it probably would pucker. But as I read, I thought about your last post...why not stencil something on the front.....mwahahah...I am such an enabler!!
XX

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skirt is GREAT! So cute.

And the snow? Don't get me started.

9:42 PM  
Blogger beki said...

That is so great! Love it!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Um, you are so welcome and hello! I want cowboy boots after seeing yours! That skirt? The boots? Sign me up! Love them.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home