URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Freezer Paper Stencils

2.13.2007

Freezer Paper Stencils



On January 22, I pulled this bit out of the newspaper. A Freezer Paper Stenciling tutorial. Even longer ago - Amy of: My Land tipped me off to where I could find freezer paper - which had previously elluded me in my community. Even longer than that ago, I had grabbed these onesies at the dollar store, intending to give them to my daughter to clothe her stuffed friends with, (she likes to dress them in her own clothing, which is getting toooooo big).

So, on this chilly day, after shoveling my driveway AGAIN, I came in and decided to give the Freezer Paper Stencils a try. These are some silly little sketches that I had in a sketchbook, which were simple enough to create templates from. By golly, they ARE easy. I was a little slow out of the gate, but now I want to freezer paper stencil everything in sight!

I noticed that if you click on the picture, it blows the images up -- waaaaay up. The edges aren't as messy as they appear in this photo, but I confess I could have done a more perfect job. The princess leg is a little imperfect, and the birds beak could be sharper. But, a stuffed lion is most likely going to be wearing these after all. This was merely an experiment for me - as I was half expecting something to go horribly wrong. Next time, I'll work on perfect.

Other freezer paper tutorials can be found here.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Cute stuff! I still haven't attempted this yet.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

So cute! I see these from time to time and have no clue how to do this. Wanna do a tutorial?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

They are very cute. I would like to try freezer paper at some point as well. Add it to my to-do list.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look great... and very brave of you to do multi-colours so early on in your freezer paper forays. I did plain white my first time - did you see this? http://www.flickr.com/photos/superminx/366868169/

the edges were really fuzzy 'cause i had to do several layers and I did it in a hurry... but it's still a cool shirt for my son.

do you think it would be possible to do a whole piece of fabric in freezer paper? It inspired me to try screenprinting but first...
I'm sitting down with silver wire, swarovski pearls and crystals and silver jump rings tonight... wish me luck!

3:03 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I haven't tried this yet either, but I am thinking it is going to happen in the next couple of months. I've got lots of friends having babies!
Nice work. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger amy h said...

They look great! I still haven't tried again since I made a bleeding mess of my last attempt.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Very cute! I haven't done this yet either, but keep seeing new ones to admire (yours included).

10:35 PM  
Blogger jennpal said...

nice job! i just made my little man a freezer paper airplane shirt. so much fun.

2:04 PM  
Blogger jennpal said...

nice job!! i just made my little man a freezer paper airplane shirt last week. so much fun.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Hey, thanks for this, yep I to am behind on this one, so a little help was greatly appreciated. Thanks
Suzie Sews (UK)
PS Really enjoyed reading your blog:-)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home