URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Seriously.

2.26.2007

Seriously.

I don't think they come much cuter than this:





While purchasing bits and bobs to make the wedding tutu, I grabbed materials for two more that will soon be added to my Etsy shop. Still following my urge to make the tutus 100% original, I haven't yet duplicated a design. I just Looooooooove how these turned out.

Shimmery tulle in off-white and pink. And some irredescent sashes to top them off. They are gorgeous and almost too pretty for every day play, even though that is their intention. The sash ribbons were purchased on the ribbon bolt, all packaged in plastic. I really like how the ribbon holds it's form, however it has a teensy-weensy wire in the edge of it (which was not mentioned on the packaging, by the way!) The wire is totally encased in the ribbon, and so skinny it's almost insignificant, but I do kind of wish it weren't there.

I'm still playing around with ways to photograph these ~ and still failing. Unfortunately, I always take photos of creations while the wee one sleeps. They'd probably be better on a live model, but I'm always afraid she'll ruin them by falling in a puddle of chocolate or something -- & not to mention that I'd have to tame her bedhead and find matching clothes, etc. It's a complication that I should probably tackle though, huh?

I think these tutu designs are perfect to embellish a child for profesisonal photographs, or maybe a wedding. They'd be a perfect birthday girl or special event outfit. They're just so perfect and sweet, they could potentially rot teeth!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're SO cute. I wonder how they'd look on a little boy... hmmm.. maybe not. What can you think up for those without a little princess to dress? :-)

5:18 PM  
Blogger beki said...

I do love yout tutu's! So cute, indeed!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

They make me want to have a little girl to dress up! They are so darned cute. Awesome work there. :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Ahh! Do they come in grown up sizes?! Wearing one would make cleaning house so much more fun!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home