URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: kenzie's room

3.26.2007

kenzie's room

Well. I think after I came down off my "crafter's high" - & {I think} I was able to save the lamp. However, it may be one heck of a fire hazard?? And, the neurotic thought about heating up that Spray adhesive, and releasing the fumes into the air, has crossed my mind?? Perhaps, this wonky little lamp shold just sit around and look pretty (unusual)?



I think it's time I move on to store bought stuff for the remaining Kenzie room embellishments. Her room is a eccentric mix of furnitures that have had several different lives. I refinished the dresser, the desk & chair.



I made: All the wall art, the doll (which was mauled by a dog, fixed, and sat up high to avoid it falling into bits & pieces), the lamp shade, the quilt, & the pillows (where the heck are the pillows??? I just noticed they are missing. Confession: I only really make her bed when company is coming!!).



Please excuse the mess. The room-owner decided she wished to play in the middle of the photo shoot. And, well... it is her room & I couldn't kick her out. (although I totally thought about it).



I do have a piece of art that is being commissioned from another artist for the big blank wall. Which is why I was taking these pictures, and not bothering myself too much about the poor light and disheveled cluttered room.

And, for Kenzie's birthday, she's getting a RED stereo and a bookcase in the shape of a house to replace the current temporary case. And, she'll be getting pretty white molding along the ceiling. And then, well, I give up.
She DOES like it. So, that's all that matters.



P.S. Just a reminder -- SHE chose the colors. :) I just worked with what she gave me.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger amy h said...

Her room looks cute! Elise has orange walls, too. She likes the orange and red, so that's the direction we're going, too. It's kind of hard to determine the favorite colors of a 22-month-old, but I've done my best. :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

It is a sweet room. It is great that she played an active role in the details. I am hoping the girls will have their own room soon -Martin and I don't agree on this so it may be a while- but it will be fun to decorate each room differently.

11:52 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Oh Stacy, the lamp is a wonderful addition to her room!

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lamp turned out great. I haven't finished the lamp I was recovering - I'm stuck on how to finish it on the inside. I love those orange walls too. I'm thinking of painting some rooms soon - after I finish stripping the woodwork - in other words, not VERY soon :-) Keep well. Andi.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

I love patchwork and have never seen it on a lampshade -- great idea! The color of the walls is fabulous.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great room! And BIG!! And is that a bathroom I spy?! (that's just me being jealous, 'cause I have to share with four other people). The lamp came out great, although I might be a little paranoid about fumes and fire hazards. But then again, I am pretty much paranoid about everything! I really like that corner desk - COOL!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home