URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Birthday Girls

4.18.2007

Birthday Girls

The amazing Keet of Relentless Toil brought me some pretty big smiles when she sent these over. Each depicts one of the special birthday gals in my life - whom are turning 3 years old this Friday!

Mia (our friend's gal, born 5 minutes after our daughter):



And our lively sweet Kenzie-doodle:



I just love them. She took just a few photos & several of my words and turned them into these cute little masterpieces. Both are as original as each gal is. PERFECT. I'm still working on her swap items, but now I certainly feel the pressure!

It's hard to fathom that these wee ones have been turning our lives upside down for three WHOLE big-girl years now. We've got lots of celebrating to do this weekend!

And, the gals will {hopefully} be celebrating in their birthday girl crowns:
(apologies for the lousy picture, but I've got party planning and cake decorating to do....um, yeah...and more tutus to make!)



**these crowns, of course, are modeled after Soule Mama's most wonderful idea. I used some of my machine's fancy stitches for the first time ever. I expected it to be a hassle switching out feet, etc. But, it was another silly aversion I had, that was easily overcome.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

How cute... I love the pictures and the birthday crowns! Happy 3rd Birthday to your little princess! My son will celebrate his 3rd birthday in a few months.

7:46 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Ohmygosh, those are so cute!! What a perfect depiction of Kenzie :-) I hope y'all have a great birthday weekend!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

Pretty art & pretty crowns. Happy three to Kenzie, Mom & Dad!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how adorable!!!

(I just noticed that you're in KS and so am I. :) Near Wichita...)

~Beki (not THAT Beki, but a different one) ;-)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just loving all the cuteness!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Happy Birthday to the sweet little girls with the same birthday!

xo

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home