URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Guilty pleasure(s)

4.07.2007

Guilty pleasure(s)

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but altering these two pairs of jeans was my craft project o' the day...



It's true. They really are worth the money. They really do fit better and feel better. :) I see why the celebrities love the brands (Citizen's of Humanity and 7 for all Mankind). I'm a {new} fan too. I typically buy jeans off the sale racks. And, I'm still wearing jeans from my undergrad collegiate days. So, I don't often get this extravagant.

Do tell (since I have some fun money in the 'ole Paypal account): What are other guilty pleasures I should know about??? I have quite the selection on my wist-list of things that I wish to buy. But, please enlighten me of your disgustingly wonderful pleasures...so I might learn of something else that selfishly makes me so happy?

p.s. while my machine was humming away on the alterations - through the monitor, I heard Kenzie talking to herself while calming into her nap. "Mommy's making more princesses!" She calls any skirt or tutus "princesses," by the way!! Cracked me up.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger amy h said...

Hrm, I don't know! All extra money around here gets spent on books, CDs and fabric. :) I guess a good meal out is our guilty pleasure -- Le Foo Frog is my fav for that.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hmm...$6 a bar bath soap from Mistral, especially the grapefruit flavor. I used to get it at the Mistral shop in Solana Beach, but they now sell it at Anthropologie. Definitely worth the $$!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

ordering fish and having it flash frozen from seattle. more expensive, but once you taste it you will NEVER be able to have salmon any other way. we grew up spending every summer in the pacific nw. there is nothinglike like fresh seafood and the seafood we get in this part of the country is nothing like fresh seafood! i may need to splurge on some of those jeans though! and by the way, fitting into undergraduate jeans is a triumph all in itself!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

Cute jeans. I really like the shimmery green pocket-detail on the one pair. My treat for losing the baby weight after the girls were born was to be a "great" pair of jeans. I never splurged. I will have to make myself this next time. My latest splurge was caloric vs. monetary: Cadbury caramel egg! Yum.

11:59 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I have to agree with you 100%. If I could only buy one luxury item for the rest of my life it would be jeans. I just LOVE them. I own two pair. One pair of Sevens that I've had for nearly 3 years and I just cherish (although they are getting a bit worn) and a new pair of Luckys that are my very, very favorite.
It feels great to be able to splurge once in a while and to truly enjoy it!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home