URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Lacking that thing called: motivation

4.23.2007

Lacking that thing called: motivation



My daughter's birthday was on Friday and all crafty stuff has come to a screeching halt. Not only is it the birthday that doesn't end (as there is still another celebrating to do this coming weekend) -- but I did manage to get a whopping 9 tutus done this past weekend using tulle I had on hand.

I'm waiting on a mass order of tulle to arrive, so while doing that I put together 9 little beauties. Regrettably, I left them sitting on my floor for five minutes too long and my cat decided to munch holes in all 9 of them. FURIOUS.... I tell you. And, I just don't think they can be saved. So, to make myself feel more productive and less neglectful of my blog - here's a picture of one of the birthday crowns in action:



You'll also note that Kenzie has a croissant in front of her. It was heavenly and chocolate filled. Williams Sonoma sells them and they are worth every dime (although I got them as a gift from my employer).

Um, the other crown was given to Mia, who also shares my daughter's birthday. She's a very petite little peanut and I accounted for that in the crown design..but it still slid right over her head and landed on her damn shoulders. Chalk that one up to bummer ideas. At least the art shown in a previous post was nicely framed and a HUGE hit with Mia and her family.

My only other creative accomplishment for the gal's birthday was: A monstrous castle cake. I didn't even break out any cake decorating tools. This baby was fully embellished with candy. Needless to say, my daughter and the rest of the neighborhood kids were THRILLED with it.



I also received some fabulous mail today from 6.5st and Stardust shoes. I hope to photograph the yummy bits tomorrow!

And, now I do feel the need to be immensely productive in the tutu factory...but I have just picked out paint for my Master bedroom instead. :) Kidding. Well, kind of....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, little Kenzie!!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! I love the castle cake...my 6 year old daughter would be envious if she saw it! I love the fact that you didn't have to break out your decorating tools for it either. It looks fabulous!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

great cake! and i audibly GASPED when you said your cat made a munchie of those tutus! godd grief. nothing like an event like that to take the wind right out of your sails. keep your head up and can't wait to hear more about the tutu factory. btw, still looking into the tax thing. didn't forget. just stumped!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woo-Hoo for birthdays!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

i do not see the lack of motivation in this post at all! Other than perhaps your lack of sending that cat to a new home. Just teasing.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home