URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Another happy customer.

5.19.2007

Another happy customer.

Love this picture of a little gal teething away in one of my tutus. She was the flower girl in a lovely Key West wedding....

Love that bald head! However, I must face it. The kid is waaaaay cuter than the tutu.


And, I have lately decided against posting all the tutu productions here. Get's a bit boring, eh? So, I will share only new styles because the feedback is GOOD. (by the way, thanks for the ideas on my bedroom too. It's gone no where, but I'll share it when I've finished!)

Please join me in a tutu critique:



I picked up these funky sequined elastic belts and really like them as I can attach them in more than one spot to help hold them in place. The sashes are pretty, but they can only be attached in the front, to tie in the back - otherwise, obviously the elastic waist would be useless. I think they can be difficult to tie, come untied, get pulled by ornery brothers, etc.



I've attached the sequin belts to two tutus, and rather like the outcome. A neighbor squealed with glee, so I think that's a good sign. What do you think?? Yay or Nay? They are kind of loud and glitzy, but little gals (sometimes) are too!



I have also become quite fond of stuffing these babies with bits of tulle, rather than the flower petals as the result is so wonderfully POOFY. Too bad this approach makes for very difficult photography. I tend to send most of these to the boutiques, as the effect is just WAY better in person.



In closing - No - I am not on a manic mood swing crafting binge. The husband went with some boy pals to New York and has been away. I tend to have immense difficulty falling asleep (imaginary burglars), so I just sew until I can't hold my eyes open anymore. He'll be back tomorrow, and darn it --even with the burst of productivity -- I have so many things on my to-do list.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

DEFINITELY YAY on the belts!!

BTW - the tail arrived today!! I will open it just as soon as Bridget wakes up and I can get out of this chair - I think my derierre is QUITE numb ;-)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

ok here is my input. i LOVE the belts for the lud little gals, but still adore the sashes. please do NOT stop posting about your tutus. i love hearing about your creative spirit! and tutus are a big part of that! and the tulle in the bottom...toooo cute! love it! wish my gals were smaller!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home