URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: A beautiful mess.

5.25.2007

A beautiful mess.

This is what became of the material Kenzie painted today (while I was graced with an exceptionally pleasant nap.)



The dried paint on the fabric adds such a neat dimension and makes it stiff and easy to sew on. I remember briefly thinking yesterday while working on the lion -- "oh god, please no. please don't ruin all the fabric too." But, immediately after I started putting the piece together, this type of thing started building itself in my mind. I could just -go nuts- on this particular idea.

My husband came home early from work, and I mentioned that it would be super fun to illustrate a children's book this way. Or to have a mother daughter art show. We were kidding.
(kind of).

I also decided that the artwork we end up with from this type of thing might be used to fill the walls of the very boring laundry room. The laundry room is actually attached to a bathroom downstairs and the door stands open much of the time, to allow window light in. I may paint the room, as I intend to do...and then layer all these little artworks upon the walls in there.

Closer:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

no words for that! so cool! and your family...such a lucky lucky girl!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow! What another great project!

9:24 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Stacy, that is so cool! I'm envious of your talent!!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home