URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Reasons....

5.25.2007

Reasons....

Reason #324569087.25 why I love this man:



Is that he'll help me dismantle flowers so I can make tutus.
Without. Complaint.
I found a supplier of bulk petals, but I still dismantle many different styles myself - so that the skirts are chock full of special tidbits making them unique. It takes HOURS to take all the freaking petals apart. (even with his help). But, we like doing it sitting on our butts in front of the TV.

Reason #4092872.999 why I love this child:



Is that she can make me laugh - even after I squeeze too hard on an old bottle of paint, explode the top off of it, and douse the entire room in blue paint. Um, yes, this did concern me greatly. But, her reaction to my stress had me in fits of giggles. You can see half a bottle of paint on the sheet of paper, splattered across her shirt, forehead, & arm. What you can't see is that it flicked little droplets all the way up into the carpet, my freshly painted walls, the backs of chairs in the great room, etc.
NICE.

Additionally, my child enjoys creativity as much as I do. She insisted on another "Junk-a-doodle" today, so clearly enjoyed the experience yesterday. It's dismal out again, so I took her up on it. This gave me the opportunity to try a new idea out for the place where big and little art meet. She declares the topic. She paints the fabric. I'll take the fabric and arrange it into a scene, using my sewing machine to finish it. It's less child-interactive than our approach yesterday - but, I just want to see what will happen with it.

A happy long weekend to you all. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Mainly because it will include a lot of time with the two sillies I've shown above...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, you doodlers!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just bought my daughter the same shirt!
Target is my co-pilot :)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home