URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: kenzie's doodle #4: A zebra

6.20.2007

kenzie's doodle #4: A zebra



Today, Kenzie was practically begging to do our art project...by 8:30 a.m. As you can tell, I usually don't have her hair combed by then. She changed into her painting shirt on her own accord and forced me right into:

A Zebra. She said with this coy little expression.

The outcome is:



As usual, I let Kenzie do all the painting, which again resulted in a big pile of stuff all toned in the same color. Sadly, aside from flowers, which I didn't want to include this time - I couldn't think of a thing to do with the other junk. So, I scrapped it and kept it simple. We have some pieces that aren't the color they should be (eyes and ears), but, I do want her to enjoy and be free in the process.

As Kenzie painted, I busied myself with sorting another junk pile which sits on the counter in a basket. I found this little picture of her in her lion get-up and decided to include it.

So, we have a cowardly zebra - hiding out from the mean, mean lion. Said lion is licking their chops. :)



More collaborative art done by parent & child can be found HERE.

***we are headed for a week in a lake house at the Ozarks. I intend to do this with my neices, for next weeks project! (so FIVE little pieces of junk-art will be made. The nephew (age 1) will have to watch and be inspired).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

that is one ROCKIN' zebra!

(have fun on vacation. ::sniff::)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

that is one of the coolest zebras ever!can't wait to see your version of ozark art!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation! We're off for a week at a lake in Arkansas next week too.

Btw, the zebra is too cool.

10:29 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

Very cute!

Have fun at the lake house! We've been meaning to do that sometime. Are you renting a house? If so, how did you find a good one?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Another great piece of art! Enjoy your vacation!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

That's REALLY cute!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Hi! I'm Wendi! said...

Thanks for the note on my blog. I LOVE your zebra - I'm very find of zebras. . .

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home