URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: The strangest thing I ever:

6.14.2007

The strangest thing I ever:

Made.
I think. I dunno. I have indeed done plenty of strange things.



I saw the tuturial for Fused Plastic Bags , and being an avid recycler with a whole lot of plastic bags stocked up, now that we don't have smelly diapers to dispose of anymore - I decided to have my way with this little project.



And I kind of like the outcome.
It'll make a great pool bag. Although I don't know if I'd carry it on a regular basis. The front and back are different, one side is embellished with the pocket. The handles, I jazzed up with some spare binding for extra support. And Voila. A mess of fused plastic, gone handbag.

At the start, I overheated a batch of bags, resulting in some holes... I then "patched" them up with some other blobs of plastic - resulting in texture like this:



I'd planned to piece in different colors and patterns, yet...I was in a rush as the gal was (is) sleeping and I wanted to be done with this before she woke up. I've got some pressing tutu matters to attend to after all. sigh.

I had Jack Johnson's "Reduce, reuse, recycle..." stuck in my head the whole time!
And there ya go. Go ahead and curse me, while it's running through your head too! :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I love it! I'm a major fan of using recycled clothes to make my creatures.

8:02 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

I like the bag! You could make a bunch and use them as reusable grocery bags. (they would last longer than just the plastic bags, right?) I've been meaning to make some reusable grocery bags.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

how cool. and funny. i have made plenty of things i just cock my head at and wonder what i was thinking. then a few weeks later i decide i DO liike it! go figure. i DO like that bag!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home