URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Winging it.

7.20.2007

Winging it.

I'm sitting waaaaaaaaaay out in my backyard on my hammock while the kids play. I can't believe it's taken me all summer long to discover that my wireless capacities stretch clear out here.

We're still wrapping our minds around the whole job gone wonky situation. He's still employed and may not even be at risk - but it's a scary gamble. So, we're making peace with our options. Outcome: to be determined. :)

I've been meaning to finish these wings for awhile now. Another one of those weird little ideas I seemed inclined to want to make.



A Fairy Wings Prototype: They are actually quite complicated with layers of mesh encasing a layer of fabric, embellished by a fancier iredescent pink middle. Next time, I need to choose louder colors. I sewed it all with some fancy metallic thread, which didn't show for crap so I jazzed them up with some red stitching. They have elastic bands that the arms slide through.

Clearly, she's thrilled.



*she's wearing a hand-me-down ballet recital dress. I was actually quite appalled when she chose to wear it today. It looks a wee bit lingerie-ish. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

I think they're darling!

6:36 AM  
Blogger deb said...

p.s. Lovin your new banner Stacy!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

wings! wings! love the wings.

yeah, life being up in the air makes me want to hurl. me no likey.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

my word stacy. those sure are some cute wings! don't you love having a girl. even though you apparently have one with questionable taste in clothing! my girls would think she looks fabulous!!!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home