URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: overkill?

9.26.2007

overkill?

As cooler temperatures are upon us, I find myself feeling sad about these flowers. Mind you..these are the same flowers that I've complained about all summer long. We went a bit overboard with the impatiens and they've just overtaken the front flower beds. There are actually other plants - and even landscape lights - buried underneath them. They are so thick that the glow of the light is barely visible at night!



We are known as the "house with the flowers" to much of the 'hood. Next year - we'll do impatiens again, but probably only red, or maybe red and white....and about HALF the amount of flowers. I've been trimming these guys back all summer long.



I really love them from inside the house when it's nice enough to leave the door and windows ajar. I can see them from many different spots in the house. Their sudden burst of color is a really nice view. Especially the red, as red plays a pretty big part in my household decor.



I'm eager for fall...but that most certainly marks the end to my lovely view....

P.S. Thanks for the interest in the skirts. I'm a bit hard to photograph these days, but if I have an exceptionally good hair day - I may just give it a shot...

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy *$#&! Excuse me, but I can't get over those! I do terribly with impatiens. They always are just pitiful leggy little wilty things in my yard.

Wow! Amazing.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow - those are beautiful! Your neighbors are also lucky that they get to look at those all the time!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

Beautiful! Can you have too many flowers? I guess so, but they are very impressive. It makes me miss my yard back in FL. Thanks for sharing yours!

5:34 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Holy cow! I wish impatients did that in my yard!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

omg... the flowers ::drool:: the flowers... omg... i'm so jealous... omg...

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! And I thought I had a lot of flowers out front, but yours take the cake!! I would *love* to be your neighbor (or maybe hate it if you made my gardening skills look bad). BEAUTIFUL!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

LOVE the overkill! I love, love, love imapatiens and am astounded at yours. "The house with the flowers" indeed!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

OMG! Those things got HUGE! My flowers didn't do nearly as well. It's usually the ivy that wins out and chokes everything.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your house is beautiful...and I love all the flowers. I can't grow flowers to save my life.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your house is beautiful...and I love all the flowers. I can't grow flowers to save my life.

6:50 PM  
Blogger SkiptomyLou said...

What is up with those? I am just stunned -----so beautiful! Do you have any tips for my black thumb?

I hope you are feeling well! I think of you often. So happy we had the chance to meet!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home