URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Ah, shucks.

10.25.2007

Ah, shucks.


I haven't done much but disappear into books lately. Today, while presented with almost a whole day to myself (kenzie had breakfast with her grandparents, had preschool, and then took an afternoon nap), I decided to make SOMETHING. I have this bench in my entry way that I have now tried to make pillows for several times.

And failed several times.

Each pillow turns out lovely in itself. It just doesn't work in the space.



I've moved it around to various rooms and although earth tones work in any room, the pillow doesn't quite fit in anywhere.
{Sigh} A free day. And I wasted it.



______________________________________________________

***After receiving a few comments, I realized that you don't know what the rest of the space looks like - and therefore don't see why the pillow won't work from the first 3 pictures. I stole this picture from the post about my amazing flowers, and the new pillow isn't present.

But, see? The pillow makes NO sense with that rug (click the photo for a larger view). Duh. :) I should have realized that from the onset of the project!

Yet, the pillow is still sitting there anyway.... :) And, my husband hasn't even noticed it, so maybe it doesn't stick out so badly after all???

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Was it fun to make? Did you escape reality when sewing it? If so it wasn't a waste-- and I think it's perfectly wonderful Mama!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful- it doesn't look right there?

I also love that log cabin pillow that is in your shop!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Not wasted...you created something lovely even if it doesn't fit where you wanted. The good thing is, now you know something else that doesn't work!

But I do know what you mean...I often have big expectations that don't turn out right. And while whatever it is may be great, it's not not quite what I envisioned.

Did you enjoy the silence? How I love having the house all to myself!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

What isn't right about it there? I think it looks perfect. Hmmmm. Definitely not a wasted day.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Come on, any time you actually can finish a project you didn't waste your time! Maybe you ought to just live with the pillow there for a while and see how you like it. I think it looks lovely.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

oh i love the pillow, but i thinkyou may be right about it not going with the rug. i hate it when that happens and it really happens to me quite frequently.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always put it in your shop if you aren't happy with it, because it is a nice pillow even if you don't like how it fits into your house!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kristen Borland said...

i think it's a very sweet pillow, and i love the stitching.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the stitching on it, though... and a finished project is gold in my book anyday. I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot for it. :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

A free day and some crafty time is a good thing. Maybe this is a Christmas gift and you don't even know it. WOuldn't that be nice to check off the list? :)

Cheers! LA

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home