URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: Scrapbook Hell

2.25.2008

Scrapbook Hell



...is where I've been.

Somehow my "nester" decided that I must catch up Kenzie's lifebook before the new babe comes. I've mentioned before that her baby album was stalled - and she was still about one week old in it!! I started her blog at her one year birthday, so my aim was to bring the scrapbook up to that date.

I'm very relieved to say that with the distraction/help of a book on tape from the library I have accomplished my goal. I wish, desperately that I felt it was a more artfully excellent outcome - but, scrapbooking just isn't my favorite medium. I can't even bring myself to scan or photo any of the pages I made... it's page after page of memories captured in "ok" fashion. No masterpieces involved --- well, except for the memories.

So, we've got two days left as a family of three. I've got new hair, pretty toes, a highly organized home, and child #1's baby album completed. I'm finalizing the official weight gain at the last midwife appointment today -&- picking up new sheets for the bassinet... and then I'll officially be ready.

I think.
maybe?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Alicia A. said...

Woo hooo! Not long now. We'll be waiting for news!

Best of luck, friend. May it all go smoothly...

9:06 AM  
Blogger misschris said...

Good luck, Staci! I have to admit I held my breath while bloglines came up and I saw you had a new post...

Can't wait to hear if it's a blue or pink doodle.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now all you need to do is just relax as much as possible!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Scrapbook hell. Those words go together perfectly in my opinion. I suck at it and can't stand doing it.

2 days Mama. Good luck! Can we see one last belly shot?!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

My sentiments on scrapbooking too! I get butterflies for you just thinking of the excitement that your family is about to experience! We have had a great experience (I am NOT taking credit for it) but it has been great. Yours will be too. The sleep deprivation doesn't seem nearly as bad the second time around (although I am still in the thick of it so take my comment for what it is worth). Have a great week and it sounds like you are more than ready!
Sam

2:23 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Can't wait to hear that Mama and Baby are doing well!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the news! Good luck!

(And I don't scrapbook at all. I'm not into it. I could at least do photo albums, but I haven't.)

8:03 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Happy thoughts sent your way.........

LA

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Today's the day! I've been thinking about you all day and sending you good good vibes!

My SIL just e-mailed and said she is so tired and uncomfortable with baby #2 that she's having her on Tuesday - moved up a week from the origianl c-section date.

New babies everywhere!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home