URL: http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping Parameter(s): u= HTTP method: GET Mama's Doodles: What's up?

2.05.2008

What's up?


wow. let's do a quick recap on all that's transpired around here:

**Major tutu and tail orders in & out!! I'm calling a halt to that nonsense at my etsy shop. I'll keep shipping (because Mr. Postman comes to my front door most times!) But, I can't keep up with the pleas for tails. So, for now, I'm flattered by the tail craze - but making myself nuts. I call it quits until after the babe is here and we settle down. Thank you very much.

**Major case of the flu, promptly required two days spent in bed. I'm still "talking like a crocodile," according to my daughter. Thankfully, it happened over the weekend and my husband was home to make life easier on me. The flu doesn't really mix well with being 36 weeks pregnant, eh?

**A bunch of binge spending on cute birdie stuff for the baby room, here , here, here..., & here! The bird theme kind of came out of nowhere, was encouraged by Alicia's painting, and... Sheesh, I think that's enough bird stuff for now??

**Something is damaged on my "nester." As result, now, NEITHER of my kids have bedrooms. We'd finished the floors and painting in the nursery - only to move on and start hardwooding Kenzie's room. She's in a spare room, and all her room furniture is in piles in the nursery. Aye. aye. aye. And, I can't get into the nursery to hang up all this cute bird stuff I've been buying. Hopefully the shambles will be alleviated before the kidlet arrives. As if...the baby will actually be sleeping in the nursery upon it's arrival. I'm just being silly, really. Picking some names may be a better place to expend my energies??

**22 days left until I have this babe!! My C-section date has been ahem, elusive. I got rescheduled a few times and am now getting screwed out of getting to deliver two weeks early. Ah well..I surmise the extra baking time will be great for the wee one. But, I'm ready to be the singular inhabitant of my body. ASAP.

**Can I just say yesterday was wonderful? 70 degree weather in the middle of February? It was a momentary cure of my SAD and we spent the day wandering around walking trails & taking pictures. Loved it. But, I'm not such a big fan of paybacks. The rain and chill today is a little much. I'll spend some time reliving yesterday through pictures.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Stacy! I'm so sorry to hear about the flu... That totally sucks when you're *not* pregnant. Ack.

And yesterday was awesome. *sigh* That's one good thing about living out here. Every once in a while you have a winter day like that and it is something to celebrate! :) [I took that SoCal weather for granted, I'm afraid.]

22 days... !

11:14 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i was starting to think you had baby without telling us.

(sorry about the flu. that sucks.)

2:35 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Hope you're feeling better. I can't believe your so close to have the little one! How exciting! I love the bird theme.. I'm going to check more of your posts to see if you have any pix posted (I haven't had time to visit blogs lately.)

Thanks for the sweet comments. :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

How 22 days... love the birdie theme! Hope you are feeling better... that 70 degree weather sounds wonderful!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

man i love alicia's birds! what a perfect thing to inspire your room. sending you good vibes. can't wait to see the new wee babe.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

oh girl the end of the pregnancy is the worst... your rooms will start coming together...can't wait to see the baby!! i am so excited for you

i am sorry i sent the flu through blogland to ya!!! accckkk ;)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Java Mama said...

22 days! Yay! I know you are extra, extra excited. The tutu photo on the post is great. Sorry to hear about all the chaos around the house but I bet it will be amazing when it is all finished. Sorry about the flu too. That had to be miserable. Take care & take it easy.
Sam

2:43 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

Sorry about the flu. Ugh. You have just enough time to recover though. You don't want to be coughing with stitches!

That's great that the tails are so popular!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home